Over the last 2 years we have built up extensive knowledge of this unique self build opportunity, which is less than 40 minutes drive from our office. Our location and close involvement has given us clear insight into the various stages and requirements.
Craig Strachan is our resident expert on the Graven Hill project and he acts as your first point of contact to explain how we work.
The following information explains how we can help you maximise the potential of your chosen plot and develop a build solution which matches your requirements to those of the Graven Hill opportunity.
To find out more details book an appointment below with Craig and begin your Graven Hill journey.
Initial Design Services
Whether you have reserved a plot or are just thinking about building at Graven Hill we can help with your design process.
We will ask you to pull together:
- a brief: how big do you want to build? how do you intend to live in your new home?
- a scrap book: things you like and things you don't (this doesn't all have to be pictures of houses, it can be anything)
This is your Concept Design (RIBA Stage 2) that can be presented to Graven Hill
Note: this service is only available with our Shell and Turnkey packages.
Initial Design Service Fees
Our understanding of the Graven Hill project allows us to offer a significant cost saving on typical design.
Although consultancy fees are normally subject to VAT which is non-reclaiminable we can zero rate this if you are signing up for a Shell or Turnkey Design and Build Package.
- Our Shell and Turnkey packages can include full construction detailing, design and engineering, negating the need for you to appoint a professional team.
- We will make any updates required from your Concept Design and take this to Design Freeze.
- Our team then prepare all the drawings and engineering that needs to be submitted to Graven Hill to discharge the Local Development Order (LDO) conditions.
- Graven Hill refer to this as the Developed Design (RIBA Stage 3).
- We will work with the Graven Hill engineering team to ensure their foundation designs are matched to our detailing and loads and produce the appropriate construction drawings.
- This pack forms your Contract drawings with us and with Graven Hill, you have now completed the Technical Design (RIBA Stage 4) and are ready to start manufacturing and begin building.
- A Project Manager will be allocated to you during the design process and this person will now transition into the build with you.
- In addition we will a have a Construction Manager on site who is responsible for all our plots at Graven Hill.
- Your superstructure will be in manufacture whilst Graven Hill install your foundations.
- The foundations will be checked by us and scaffolding will be installed ahead of the first delivery.
- Assembly of the superstructure on site will take between 2 and 3 weeks depending on the size of your building.
- Roof finishes, cladding and window will then be installed.
- If we are providing you with a Turnkey build, the internal fit out can happen simultaneously.
- We will then undertake testing and handover to you.
- For these projects we expect a build time of 4-5 months (after the foundations are complete).
Design & BuildWhen you are ready to proceed with a Design & Build package, we will work through the above stages
YOUR DREAM HOMEIndividually crafted by you